Wednesday 26 February 2014


Katie admiring the work at Hartlepool Art Gallery
 We caught up with Katie from Throston Youth Centre at the Arts Award evening session and asked her a few questions...

You have recently started your Bronze Arts Award..what are you hoping to get out of it?

I love making at creating things in the youth centre so when they said I could get a qualification from it I jumped at the chance. I'm also doing things I have never tried before such as tie-dying T-shirts, flower arranging and we are going to see a musical at a theatre. I am also looking forward to the bit where we get to share our skills with others.

Was this the first time you had visited Hartlepool Art Gallery?

Yes, it was the first time I had visited the gallery.

What did you think?

I loved looking at all the pictures and reading all of the information. I will definitely come back and bring my friends.

Did you enjoy the chance to work with a professional artist?

Yes, I enjoyed working with Bob. He taught me that paintings don't have to be perfect and that everyone can make a work of art. He gave me loads of confidence

Do you think this was a good experience for young people?

Me and my friends from the youth centre really enjoyed it, he gave me loads of tips on how to become a better artist. I will be going along to future classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment