Thursday 27 November 2014

Review of Gatecrash @ Hartlepool Town Hall

Review of Gatecrash @ Hartlepool Town Hall

We went to a theatre and thought we were going to watch a play. We were led through a door and spoke to a member of the crew and then we were handed a pair of wireless headphones.
This was my introduction to GATECRASH.
It was an interactive play. As soon as we entered the house we were part of the story.
The headphones were used to listen to different characters and follow their different conversations around the room.
The character I listened to was Sam, who was the main character and whose birthday we were supposed to be celebrating, however, Sam wasn’t happy!
I tried to listen more around Sam but I kept getting distracted by a loud, flirty and apparently drunk character called Jonno.
His idea of being at a party had been chatting up as many girls as possible. He was quite aggressive and full-on!
I thought I was going to be quiet and not take part but it didn’t turn out that way and everyone was involved in some way,
I was busy switching between conversations...Jonno with different female characters or Sam and Jazz having brother and sister arguments.
I thought it was unique, entertaining and energetic. It had more drama than an episode of Hollyoaks.
I definitely think that other people should go to take part in Sam’s house party if they get the chance.

-          By Naomi


No comments:

Post a Comment